September 3, 2021
Baseball Manitoba 2021 Return to Play Update:
Due to the most recent announcement regarding Public Health Orders, we have amended Version 7 of our Return to Play Document. The following guidelines will come into effect at 12:01 a.m. on September 3, 2021.
- 13(1) Subject to subsection (2), outdoor sporting and recreational facilities may open.
- 13(2) Except for ticketed sporting events under Order 16, the operator of an outdoor sporting or recreational facility must ensure that the number of spectators at the facility does not exceed 50% of the usual spectator capacity of the facility.
- 14(1) Indoor sporting and recreational facilities must not operate unless admission of members of the public to the facility is restricted to the following:
- (a) persons who produce proof that they are fully immunized;
- (b) persons who produce proof from the Government of Manitoba that there is a medical reason for the person not to receive a vaccine for COVID-19;
- (c) persons under 18 years of age.
- 14(2) For certainty, subsection (1) applies to spectators who are watching sporting or recreational activities at the facility.
- 14(3) Subsection (1) applies when gymnasiums and other indoor sporting facilities at a public or independent school are used for sporting activities that are not part of school sanctioned events.
Despite many COVID-19 restrictions in Manitoba being lifted, we strongly encourage our community to remain diligent in following our Return to Play Plan.
Baseball Manitoba will continue to monitor the Public Health Orders. We will be prepared to revise any and all aspects of our Return to Play Plan in the event of any updates to the Public Health Orders. We are extremely excited baseball is in full swing in Manitoba!
Jason Miller – Executive Director
Tony Siemens - President