My First Pitch is the official introduction to Baseball Canada’s pitching program. This program is designed for 11U/13U coaches and aims to increase athletes' interest in baseball at the Learn to Train stage of development. My First Pitch introduces topics such as Grips, Pitching Mechanics and Proper Throwing Techniques while demonstrating multiple drills to identify and correct major pitching flaws. The program also helps coaches, athletes and parents understand the rationale behind Baseball Canada’s pitch count approach.
1. Reduce the number of young athletes with arm injuries by teaching them proper throwing mechanics
2. Provide athletes with the necessary skills to play baseball in order to increase fun
3. Prevent coaches and athletes to specialize in one position at this age group
4. Increase awareness of pitch count and the negative effect of overuse
5. Help parents realize this is the most important stage for the development of baseball specific skills
Note: Baseball Manitoba will not be offering in-person clinics in 2020. Coaches are encouraged to take the My First Pitch E-Learning Module located on the NCCP website. Details below.
NEW IN 2020! Baseball Canada has released the My First Pitch E-Learning Module. The module is located under the "Professional Development" tab on your NCCP coaching profile - nccp.baseball.ca.
All 11U and 13U coaches are encouraged to take the module this summer. It is available for free up until August 31st.
Certified Coaches will receive 1 PD point.
For more information, contact James at email@example.com