Due to the October 30, 2020 announcement by Manitoba Health, all in-person Baseball Manitoba Activities are suspended until further notice.
The Province of Manitoba announced today that the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region is being upgraded to Code Red, effective Monday, November 2, 2020, for two weeks.
New restrictions include:
- All recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling, etc. are suspended.
- All indoor and outdoor sport facilities are closed.
- Gyms and fitness centres will have reduced capacity to 25 per cent and masks will be mandatory, even when exercising
- This includes Sport Manitoba’s fitness centre and performance.
The Interlake–Eastern health region, Prairie Mountain Health region, and Southern Health–Santé Sud health region will be upgraded to Code Orange as per the Pandemic Response System. The Northern health region is currently in Code Orange and will continue to observe:
- Reduced spectators at sports and recreation facilities to 25 per cent. This occupancy limit applies to the entire facility.
- Ex: if a lobby’s capacity is 20 people, 5 people are allowed at once
- Gyms and fitness centres require contact information for all attendees and mask use at all times, except when exercising.
- Encourage one parent only to attend children’s activities.
For more information on these restrictions click here.
Click here to view the full release from today’s announcement.
Public Health’s key takeaways include:
- Reduce the number of close contacts outside your household, and avoid closed-in or crowded spaces.
- Stay home if sick.
- Wash/sanitize your hands, cover your cough and physically distance when you are with people outside your household.
- If you cannot physically distance, you should wear a mask to help reduce your risk.
- Get a flu shot.
We all need to work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our community safe. Do your part!
Jason Miller - Executive Director