Job Title: Program Director
Terms of Employment: Permanent Fulltime
Job Commencing: March 15, 2018
This position will have an annual review conducted by the Executive Director, and / or an entity the Management Committee may appoint.
About Baseball Manitoba
The Manitoba Baseball Association (also known as Baseball Manitoba) was formed in 1968 to administer baseball throughout the province and provide a level of consistency in the process. Since then, the Association has actively worked towards providing leadership and direction for the sport, continuity in the programs and services for its members, and competitive and development opportunities for players, coaches, officials and volunteers throughout the province. Baseball Manitoba is a registered non-profit organization incorporated under the Manitoba Society Act. As the provincial sport governing body, Baseball Manitoba is managed by an elected volunteer Management Committee.
Creating a memorable baseball experience
To foster and provide leadership in the development of baseball to our members and the Manitoba baseball community
Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Education, Fair Play, Sport for Life, Achievement, Passion
Position of Program Director - Overview
The Program Director role is a comprehensive, multi-faceted position with broad responsibilities for baseball program administration and delivery in Manitoba. Reporting to the Executive Director, with a strong relationship with the Executive Assistant and ultimate accountability to Management Committee of Baseball Manitoba, this role will be based out of the Baseball Manitoba Winnipeg office. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of employees focused on serving the member Associations of the province in developing, administering, and growing the sport of baseball in Manitoba. This position involves the delivery of the Rally Cap, Grand Slam, WinterBall, My First Pitch, Challenger, and other Baseball Manitoba and Baseball Canada official programs, along with all aspects of the Team Manitoba provincial teams program, and assistance in the areas of coach and official’s services.
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must be willing to work based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba
- minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management or related degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Extensive experience as a baseball player, coach and/or trainer
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, not-for-profit workplace while working with an ever-changing group of volunteer organizers throughout Manitoba.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including Baseball Manitoba staff, Management Committee, Baseball Manitoba Board members, and member Association volunteers and staff, via written reports, formal and informal presentations and day to day interactions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple activities and programs at a time.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrated ability in sport program development, administration, and delivery.
- Available to travel and work some weekends and evenings across Canada
- Knowledge of baseball and the Baseball Manitoba/Baseball Canada systems
- Familiarity with the National Coaches Certification Program is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and website management.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook would be an asset
- Must submit to police record/screening check
Compensation Salary and benefits will be negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
For up-to-date information on Baseball Manitoba, all candidates are encouraged to follow @baseballmb on Twitter, like Baseball Manitoba on Facebook, and follow on the web at baseballmanitoba.ca.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Application Deadline: March 9, 2018 at 4:00 PM EST
** We thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted