JOB POSTING: Baseball Canada is searching for a Director of National Programs
Baseball Canada, located in Ottawa, Ontario, is the national governing body for baseball in Canada and is made up of 10 provincial associations representing players, coaches and umpires nationwide. Baseball Canada is a member of both the Canadian Olympic Committee and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). It is funded and recognized by Sport Canada and Canadian Heritage and is recognized by Revenue Canada as having charitable status.
Director of Programs reports to the CEO and has overall responsibility for managing, developing, and delivering several national programs
Director of Programs accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
1. |Works with the CEO to advance the objectives of the National Programs for Baseball Canada. Creates an operational plan for developing, managing, and delivering all of the national programs. Makes recommendations regarding strategy and direction and seeks guidance from the CEO on all significant matters related to the programs.
2. Manages the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) for all coaches across Canada including building the program, training the facilitators to deliver the workshops, training evaluators, and providing professional development.
3. Manages Baseball Canada National Champions, events including preparing and following up with the hosts including bids procedures, contracts, site visits, analysis and recommendations.
4. Manages design and delivery of National Development programs such as Winterball, Baseball 5 and Rally Cap.
5. Manages the Long-term Athlete Development Program (LTAD) ensuring all aspects of the long-term athlete development model are kept up-to-date and that appropriate resources are created.
6. Manages the national Umpire Program and Scorekeeper Program to continue to develop the programs and services and to enhance the engagement of stakeholders and increase awareness of the programs.
7. Manages an operational budget and ensures the proper use of resources in conducting program operations. Informs the CEO of any financial and other developments that are likely to have a material effect on the performance of the program.
8. Manages program staff, providing guidance, evaluating performance, and taking appropriate action as warranted.
9. Ensures the programs adhere to Baseball Canada’s Safe Sport framework, statutory responsibilities under the governing Acts and by-laws, and all other applicable statutes.
10. Represents Baseball Canada nationally and internationally on various committees as assigned or delegated.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or Sports Administration
• Minimum 10 years management experience
• Minimum three years of experience in financial management including budget planning and execution, financial statements, etc.
• Experience as an athlete or coach is preferred
• Bilingual (English, French, Spanish is an asset)
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
• Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the sports industry
• By-law relates to the general conduct of the affairs of the Canadian Federation of Amateur Baseball/Fédération Canadienne de Baseball Amateur, (hereafter referred to as “Baseball Canada”), a federal corporation incorporated under the Canada Corporations Act (S.C. c. C-32) and continued under the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act (S.C. 2009, c. 23) (hereafter referred to as the CNCA)
• Knowledge of federal and provincial government regulations such as the Employment Standards Act, Ontario Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act).
• Knowledge of Safe Sport and the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport
• In-depth knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office, database management, video conferencing applications
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strategic planning
• Problem solving and decision making
• Interpersonal skills
• Conflict management
• Relationship building
• Organizational Awareness
• Impact and Influence
• High integrity, trust and confidentiality
• Excellent writing, reading, and speaking comprehension
• Demonstrates creativity to develop original and unique ideas to further the organization’s success
• Passion for Baseball and must have a commitment to the vision and mission of Baseball Canada
The Director of Programs is required to work in an office setting, requiring extensive use of a computer and extensive hours in a sitting position. Working remotely is an option if required. The incumbent is expected to travel 3-4 weeks per year, work non-traditional work hours such as weekends, evenings, and holidays if there is an event occurring in that time frame.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Baseball Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Application* Deadline: September 26, 2022.
*Please reference Director of National Programs in the subject line.
Note: All employment is conditional upon meeting the qualifications of the job and completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment references and criminal records checks (for which a pardon has not been granted).